We are committed to running our future events as safely as we can post-Covid 19. This document will be updated regularly in line with latest government guidelines.
Please see the British Triathlon website for full details of what this will mean to competitors. However we have prepared an executive summary that contains the key issues & changes to how we will run triathlons, duathlons & running races in the near future.
- We will appoint a Covid-19 officer for each event who will work alongside the race director to ensure guidelines are followed.
- We will ask competitors to maintain social distancing throughout the event.
- We will aim to do all registration out of doors where weather conditions allow it.
- We will maintain our engagement with stakeholders: local authorities, venue owners, water safety teams, police, first aid team & marshals & event team. We are ready to go ahead with our events subject to confirmation from stakeholders.
- We ask all competitors to provide their own water bottles for bike & run segments. We will make arrangements for our volunteers to top up water bottles where needed. Or in the event of very hot weather we will supply drinks in sealed containers for competitors to serve themselves.
- Volunteers will be provided with face masks and sanitiser in line with recommendations from British Triathlon and other governing bodies.