Devon Duathlon Autumn
Which race? See below..
Bicton College is a stunning location for a duathlon with quiet local roads & trails and ample free parking.
The sprint duathlon, which is a British Triathlon European qualifier for 2024, starts with a 5.4K mixed terrain run with 1K of bridleway that can be muddy & slippery. The bike is an anti-clockwise 22K loop on rolling roads. The final run is a measured out & back 2.5K tarmac run on the first half of the 5k run course. If you’re competing in the qualifier you also need to register as a qualifier on the British Triathlon website.
This duathlon is non-drafting & run in accordance with the British Triathlon Federation rules. A TT or triathlon bike will be fastest on this course but if you’re not a confident & experienced bike handler you will probably find a road bike easier. Our standard distance in 2024 is a European qualifier & will start in a single wave. We will also have a single wave Sprint competition which will be limited to 100 competitors.
We recommend first timers read our Duathlon Tips
What you get
- Chip timing with transition splits
- Mass start
- Medals for all finishers (new design)
- Prizes for category winners in 5 year age groups
- Event caterers serving hot food & drinks
- Free Parking
- Professional event photos*
- Public liability insurance
- Professional First Aid
* photos free with Sportiva Events logo at social media resolution. Hi-res downloads with no watermark & prints are available for an additional charge