We are very pleased to announce that Trish Deykin is our first female Sportiva Events Ambassador
Trish will be presenting the prizes at the Dartmouth Triathlon on Sunday 9th June at Blackpool Sands. She is not competing in triathlon this season due to injury but will be taking part in the Goodrington Beach Swim on Sunday 7th July
Trish’s triathlon palmares are impressive by any standards but when you consider she’s achieved it while suffering from Multiple Sclerosis it’s simply extraordinary! When she was first diagnosed with MS she was told to stop competing in triathlons!
At a more local level Trish was the winner of the 2018 Dartmouth Triathlon. Her swim time of 13.21 was just 3 seconds behind the fastest (male) swim of the day. No wonder her nickname is Trish the Fish. And only the top 3 men managed to beat her overall time!
Trish has taken a few years out here and there as sometimes she finds it too much for her body & MS. But listed below are her best results from the last 6 years.
- 2018 – Peter Holmes Award for Inspiration at International Performance from the British Triathlon Federation.
- 2018 – Sunday Times Sports Women of the Year Helen Rollason Award for Inspiration
- 2018 – Gold and Euro Champ for 40-44 AG and fastest female overall by 2 minutes 40 seconds.
- 2017 – Silver World Champs 40-44 Rotterdam
- 2017 – Gold Euro Champs 40-44 Dusseldorf
- 2016 – British Champ 40-44
- 2013 – British Champ 35-39
- 2013 – Silver Euro Champs 35-39 – Alanya
- 2013 – Gold World Champs 35-59 – London
Trish is a Patron for the charity Sportability. Her facebook page facebook.com/pg/TrishDeykinTriathlete/ is to inspire others with Multiple Sclerosis as well as to inform those to understand the condition a bit better.